Baked oats are great for either dessert or breakfast and that’s why I love it so much. You could leave out the chocolate in this one and just have it with fruit and yogurt or maybe a drizzle of fruit syrup for 1/2 a syn.
Recipe: Chocolate centred berry baked oats
Time: 50 minutes
SW: HEX B and 2 + 1/2 syns OR 9 + 1/2 syns
- 40g Oats – HEX B or 7 syns
- 1 egg
- 120 ml vanilla or natural fat free yogurt
- 1 tsp salted caramel or vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 15g choc pot – 1 syn
- 25g rasberries and blueberries – 1/2 syn
- Fresh strawberries – to serve, optional
- 5g choc shot – 1/2 syn, to serve, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree.
- Mix together the oats, egg, yogurt, essence and sweetener in a bowl.
- Add half of the mixture to the dish and add 15g of choc pot to the centre. Top it with the remaining mixture to cover the choc pot.
- Add your fruit on top and bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit and a 1/2 syn of choc shot.