This is a healthy alternative to pizza and still has all the flavours of a pizza. It is very quick to make and even faster if you use already prepared frozen veg like I did. This meal would do as a breakfast, lunch or dinner! You can always change up the veg or add some more protein like bacon, sausage or chicken. I would serve this with a mixed salad on the side or you could just have it on its own.
Recipe: Pizza omelette
Time: 20 minutes
SW: half hex A or 3 syns
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp passatta
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Half tsp oregano
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 tsp Mixed herbs
- Any veg you like (I used mushrooms, onion and mixed peppers)
- 20g of cheddar or 25g of mozzarella – Half HEX A or 3 syns
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Make up the pizza sauce by mixing together the passatta, tomato puree, oregano, black pepper, half tsp garlic powder and 2-3 sprigs of fresh basil.
- Prepare the veg and add to a pan with Frylight (or any oil of your choice). When the veg is cooked transfer to a plate and wipe the pan clean.
- Whisk together the eggs with some black pepper, 1 tsp mixed herbs and half tsp of garlic. Add to the pan with Frylight and once it starts lifting from the sides finish it off under the grill.
- When it is cooked, add the pizza sauce, the veg, the cheese and the remaining fresh basil and return to the grill to melt the cheese and re-heat the veg.
- Serve with a mixed salad.