This is one of my favourite meals to make. It is quick and easy and can be served hot or cold. I like mine served with a mixed salad and baked beans! It would also work as a quick filling snack on its own as it’s packed with veg and protein. You can also change this up by adding in different veg or some extra protein like sausages or bacon.
Recipe: Spanish tortilla
Time: 45 minutes
SW: half HEX A or 3 syns per portion
- 500g baby potatoes
- 8 medium eggs
- 2 tomatoes
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 80g grated cheddar – Half HEX A or 3 syns per portion
- Boil the baby potatoes and pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- While the potatoes are boiling prepare and chop up the pepper, onion and mushrooms. Slice the tomatoes.
- Fry the pepper, onion and mushroom in a pan using Frylight (or any other oil of your choice) with 1 tsp garlic and 1 tsp mixed herbs.
- While the veg is cooking, drain the potatoes and slice them up. Add to the pan.
- Whisk up 8 eggs with 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp mixed herbs. Add to the pan.
- Add the sliced tomatoes on top of the egg mixture and top it with the cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Cut it into 4 wedges and serve hot or cold with a mixed salad.